Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Long Days, Short Weeks

 

 
It's been a hot minute since I have shared.  This year took off like a speeding bullet and it was all I can do to keep tethered.  In March when the world shifted on its axis, it seemed as if nothing can get more intense.  Yeah!

School Year 2021 began and once again we were shifted.  In March we were in emergency mode, in August we were in "pretend everything is normal" mode.  Nothing is normal.  There is a new world in education and we are being obligated to function in the same "highly effective" capacity as measured by the pre-Covid standard.  


I'm not complaining, I'm grateful for my job no matter what they are asking of me.  However, gratefulness, although very necessary and healing, does not dismiss the daily pressure and responsibility to engage students who do not want to engage, assess students who are not on campus, differentiate while social distancing, troubleshoot technological issues without really knowing what to do, and preparing students to take standardized tests when they refuse to turn in work.

The struggle is real.  The pressure is on.  Student progression is at stake.  

However and nevertheless,
I breathe.
I rest.
I do my best.
I give myself and my students grace.

And, we do what we must do.
Hold on tight and wait for the ride to slow down.



Thinking of you.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks again for your visit. Come back soon!